The way I bake this, in a baking dish, the pieces come out thick. I slice them in half before adding toppings.
The first morning I ate this bread I topped it with some organic sour cream, organic unsweetened cocoa powder, and organic spices including Ceylon cinnamon and cloves. I had some organic coffee with organic heavy cream, organic stevia, and more cinnamon. Delicious!
This morning I topped it with organic crunchy peanut butter and organic spices. No heavy cream in coffee. I also had a few slices of organic lemon.
To easily calculate nutrient information, you can enter this simple recipe into Low Carb Menu Planner and select the desired number of servings.
I used all organic ingredients.
- 10 eggs (I used pastured)
- 5 tbsp butter or coconut oil (I used a combination of pasture butter and coconut oil)
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- You can use melted butter. I didn't; I used cold butter and coconut oil. I chopped the butter into small chunks.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs until fluffy.
- Add melted/chopped butter/coconut oil to the eggs.
- Stir in salt and coconut flour.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper and pour mixture into it.
- Bake about 50 minutes, or until a tooth pick comes out clean.